4/13/11

3 Window Box Wednesday

Zelda and I like to take walks in the evening after work, particularly on nice days like today. And recently on our walks, I've noticed all of the beautiful window boxes in my neighborhood. (I'm not sure whether the Guinness people have considered having a category for the most window boxes per square mile radius, but I think Charleston would have a very good shot at that title.) 


Well, this evening, because Zelda could not join me on my walk (more about that later), I decided to be a tourist in my own town and take my little digital camera with me so I could snap some photographs and share them with those of you who've never seen a proper Charleston window box. And believe it or not, I took every single one of these photographs on one street, Tradd Street, which is only about a mile long. I'm thinking that there is some serious unspoken competition going on between these neighbors. But anyway, I love these window boxes. They make me swoon.















They're all so wonderful that it's hard to pick a favorite. But if I absolutely had to, I guess I'd say this last one; I just love the color of the shutters, and I love how the flowers almost look heart-shaped.


Now back to Zelda and why she couldn't join me on this evening's walk. Unfortunately, she had too much fun at the beach last weekend and is nursing a knee injury. We actually visited a special dog orthopedist this morning (who knew such a thing even existed), and it appears that my baby-dog has what is called luxating patella, which basically means that her patella moves out of its normal position, and it's making it difficult for her to walk. It is very common in small dogs, and we are just going to watch it for a couple of weeks before we decide whether surgery is necessary. Yes, my heart is a little bit broken for her right now so I would very much appreciate it if you would ask your precious dogs to send out all their good barks for her. I'm hopeful that she'll soon be back to her usual self (running, jumping, and playing), but for now, she's just getting lots of belly rubs and extra hugs and kisses. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip barky barky barky barky, so sorry your pup is under the weather. Do you have an umbrella stroller? It would be a shame for her not to enjoy her walks. The window boxes are exquisite. The Charleston tourist bureau need you on staff. Is that your day job? meow meow mewo too.

* said...

We hope Zelda gets well very soon!

Anonymous said...

Maggie and Hef both wish Zelda a speedy recovery! That pesky knee cap needs to get in line. Poor thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...