6/2/11

1 Odds and Ends

Not too much to report here right now, but I thought I'd share some completely random odds and ends with you.


1. One of my avocado seeds is making progress. The seed has split open and a root is emerging, as you can sort of see in the photos below.


2. I've discovered a great summer beer: Shiner Ruby Redbird. It bills itself as "the perfect summer beer," and I have to say that I agree. According to the label it is "Beer brewed with Texas Ruby Red Grapefruit juice and ginger." As I'm completely into all things grapefruit right now, and as beer that tastes a bit like ginger ale is surprisingly delicious, I'm sold.



And yes, that six pack is sitting on an old Wendy's table (remember the newspaper tops?), which my sister lovingly found for me at a flea market years ago for about $15. It's one of my favorite things. Plus, it's where I sit and eat lunch almost every day.

3. Since I tend to get questions about what the book club is reading, I thought I'd share our summer picks with you.


First, June's book is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.




Next, July's book is Room by Emma Donoghue.



Third, August's book is Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda.



Fourth, September's book is Dog on It by Spencer Quinn.



If you have read any of these, I'd love to hear what you think about them. Otherwise, feel free to read along with us. (By the way, clicking on the book images above should take you to Amazon.com if you're interested in learning more about the books, reading reviews, or perhaps ordering any of them.)



4. Last but certainly not least, tomorrow is Friday, which means that I get to return here:


and do some more of this:

Just like Widespread Panic sang, ain't life grand? 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Oh My, yes tink, life is oh-so-grand. Is that not why we are called GRANDPARENTS? Aunt Penny would love that motor thing, don't you think? She's such a traveler!!!!! And, not so sure your swim team coach would be so proud, but we certainly are. LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU. KIUP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...