6/6/11

1 Sunflowers

And I'm not talking about the Elizabeth Arden perfume we all wore in middle school. I'm talking about honest-to-goodness, taller-than-me-and-still-climbing sunflowers that are growing along Broad Street right now. If you don't believe me, then just check out the pictures. 









And one of the sunflower-filled yards offers a whole lot more than happy, yellow flowers; I'd say that this is city farming at its finest. 


For now, though, I'll just stick to my second grader-esque science projects. Can you believe that the orange seeds that I planted back in April are sprouting? I'm so excited. To think that those little seeds that I normally throw in the trash turned into something so green and delicate. As I used to say as a child, "how do it know?"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Sprouting seeds can be simple AND amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...