7/20/11

2 Camp Quilt

Last week I told y'all about how my mom has been teaching my nieces how to sew, and I showed you this pic of my youngest niece sewing her special quilt. (That's some serious concentration for a soon-to-be first grader!)




Well, this week I thought you might enjoy seeing her older sister's special quilt being put to good use at camp. Yep, my oldest niece is just following in her crazy Aunt Nantie's footsteps by cuddling up under a homemade piece of love -- a La La special complete with rainbow rick rack -- while she's away at Camp Seafarer.  




You know what's even more fun? She's in cabin 1, which just so happens to be a very special cabin in which both her mom and I have spent summers (15 to 20 years ago, mind you). I don't know about you, but I think the view from her cabin's front door is pretty swell. 




Oh, these pictures bring back such sweet memories. Honestly, not too many days go by without a Seafarer memory or two reaching the surface of my thoughts. (Just ask Tod.) Although, when you add up all the summers, I guess I spent a little over a year of my life at this special place, so that only makes sense. In any event, I'm so excited for my niece, and I cannot wait to hear all about her cabin 1 memories.


And yes, this all just makes me want to go find my homemade camp quilt (another La La special) and put it on my bed for the summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the warmest memories of making camp bunks for 2 little, then medium, then big campers. Wow! Looks like your niece loves camp also. Her quilt is beautiful - so is she. Is it almost time for hot, sweaty, zip line family camp? That cute fellow of yours is invited too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, if you would like that precious camp quilt, I know exactly where it is......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...