7/15/11

1 Sixty

Who says little girls don't learn how to sew anymore? I, for one, know one very special grandmother who is having a ball teaching her very special granddaughters how to do it. In fact, she may be having even more fun teaching them to sew than she had teaching me, but I'm pretty sure that's how this whole grandparent thing works.


Check out this precious little girl's creation.




I'm sure my mom took her to the fabric store and let her pick out all of her own pieces. She did the same thing with me, which is why the first quilt that we made together is comprised of hot pink, neon purple, and electric teal squares of fabric, in other words, the colors that pretty much every little girl loved in the eighties. Those colors were totally rad at the time, of course, and I'll always remember how proud I was to sleep under that quilt at camp each summer. (Yep, I was a total cheeseball even then.) 










I don't know about you, but I'm pretty impressed. I think I was in the third or fourth grade the first time I made a quilt, and this little girl hasn't even started the first grade yet. I cannot wait to check that thing out in person! (In fact, this isn't even her first quilt. She made a very special one for Zelda a few months ago.)


Now, on a totally unrelated note, if you're wondering why on Earth this post is titled "sixty," well, it just so happens that a very special person I know is turning sixty today. And I think my blog must have known that because it also just so happens that this is my sixtieth blog post. Coincidence? I think not. 


Zelda and I hope you have a very happy birthday, and we cannot wait for you to teach us how to make oodles of captivating noodle dishes and dumplings!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great being a celebrity but fame also comes with aches and pains! Thanks for remembering me and congrats on your 60th.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...