8/11/11

3 Getting Ready for Company

One of Tod's friends is getting married in a couple of months, so this weekend the boys will be off doing one-of-us-is-soon-to-be-married things. Happily, I'll remain home with the girls (Heidi and Zelda). And don't tell them this yet, but I'm pretty sure we're having company . . . 






very special company . . . 






furry, four-legged company . . . 






of the male variety . . . 






that has recently been sprung from the Sumter SPCA! 








That's right, Zelda and Heidi are going to bark their heads and wag their tails off when they find out that they get to spend the whole weekend in Charleston not only with me but also with their awesome uncles, Roscoe and Scooter.


And since you haven't been formally introduced to these precious new family members, Roscoe is on the left, and Scooter is on the right. I'm sorry the pictures are a little blurry, but these men move fast.

























I'm thinking that a doggy ice cream party might be in order. (Really, they make doggy ice cream, and they sell it at Harris Teeter, and I've been known to buy it, and I might just have some on hand right now, so yes, I guess I'm one of those people.) And lots of long walks around the lake are definitely in order. (I lost about ten pounds when Zelda first came home with me because we had to walk around the lake every fifteen minutes or so, thanks to her itsy-bitsy bladder. So maybe there are some fitness benefits in this for me, too.) 



My little home cannot wait to house 18 legs, four tails, and two opposable thumbs this weekend. Don't worry, I'll take pictures.


By the way, Roscoe looks like a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Bassett Hound. Seriously, as you can see below, he looks like a chopped-off Golden with the cutest little Bassett cankles that remain in first position most of the time. He's a doll.



And this is Scooter. His name really suits because he darts around quickly, hence my lack of clear photos of him. Scooter only weighs about 26 pounds (I think Roscoe weighs 36), and we think he's got a bit of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel in him. He lets you pick him up and hold him like a baby. He provides a little spice to Roscoe's sugar, just like Zelda provides a little spice to Heidi's sugar. (By the way, all of these pictures were taken after a trip to the groomer. The boys came home from the SPCA with slightly shaggier coats.) 




Now, speaking of my little home, which will house 18 legs this weekend, I've also got quite the to-do list planned, what with Tod away for the weekend. You know, things like updating my bathroom's decor (the picture on the right is a hint about the direction I think I'm taking), cleaning out a closet or two, making some curtains, figuring out a little pillow problem I've created this week (see the pictures below), and washing my car. A few fluffy tails might get in the way of my giant-and-totally-unreasonable to-do list, but I'm 100% okay with that because naps on the couch with snoring pups are pretty great, too. 


By the way, see the black, seventies-looking, wicker chair under Throw Pillow Mountain? I scored that one at Goodwill about a year ago for 11 whole dollars. It was half white and half purple--like someone started to spray paint it from white to purple but then ran out of paint or just plain gave up on the project. A few cans of glossy black spray paint and we were in business. Honestly, it's one of the more comfortable chairs in my house, although this weekend it'll probably be home to Dog Leash Mountain. (It sits right next to the front door so things like dog leashes, sunglasses, and pocketbooks inevitably get dropped there all the time.) 


What about you? Any big plans this weekend? How many legs will be in your house?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boys are very excited about going to camp in Chuck Town this weekend! They will be wearing "Fresh Scent" cologne to impress their nieces. Just hope "romantic Roscoe" doesn't get too annoying. Speaking of annoying, hope Scooter doesn't run you ragged. He holds the record, you know for taking the longest walk without going to the bathroom! We are positive by Sunday morn you will be looking forward to your apt. occupancy getting back to 6 legs. Thanks so much.

* said...

Such a great post by a super-talented writer.

Anonymous said...

The new pups are adorable!!!!! Bet a few doggie dna tests will be put to use soon. They are a terrific size and wow they look like they know they hit the jackpot. Go shelter dogs. Hmmmm, wish I could see you chasing all those babies. I know how you look when you chase the blonde baby. Have a great weekend and good luck with those projects. Love the pillows and the bath - can't wait. kiup

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...