8/1/11

1 Happy Paint

It's true, you know. A coat or two of paint here or there can completely change the look of something.


Take this pine armoire, for example. I had this piece in my bedroom when I was a teenager. It housed a small television and all sorts of books, and I loved it. As lame as it sounds, it just made me feel so grown up to have such a substantial piece of furniture (of my choosing) in my room. Plus, if I remember correctly, my mom finished it for me, and I'm sure it was a labor of love. 


Fast forward fifteen years or so, and this armoire now lives in my parents' sunroom, where it sits inside an alcove that actually used to be a closet. And although it looked lovely in its finished state, my mom thought it was time to increase the happy factor with a coat or two or primer and paint. 






I love it and cannot wait to see it in person! Plus, I think it will look right at home once all the books are back on the shelves.


And just so you don't think that happy paint extends only to furniture, I thought I'd share some pictures of this VW bus that I saw parked on the Battery this weekend. (I captured all four sides for your viewing pleasure.)







Now that, my friends, is some happy paint -- happy-smiley-hippie paint to be more specific.


What about you? Have you had any good happy paint adventures recently? Or do you remember coloring happy-smiley-hippie flowers on your white Keds in the fifth grade? Do you kind of want to watch Dazed and Confused again now?

1 comments:

* said...

Good to see that the van's owner is standing by his support of John Edwards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...