10/24/11

1 Fall for Charleston

For the first time in many weeks, Tod and I spent the weekend in Charleston. And for the first time in many, many weeks, we didn't have a single event, party, function, or game to attend! Woohoo! 

So, I know you must be wondering . . . what did we do with all that free time in the #1 city in America (and #3 in the world)? Well, we did exactly what I told my friend Emily we were going to do: we ate and drank our way around the city. Seriously.

Of course, along the way we enjoyed lots of walks with the girls.



Sunset walks along the water are Heidi's favorites. She told me so. 

Zelda loves them, too. 




On Friday night, we tried (and loved) a new restaurant, Two Boroughs Larder. Tod loved it so much that he told me he was going to guest-write a separate blog post about it. We'll see if that ever happens, huh?


Two Boroughs Larder is a restaurant; it's a bar; and it's a market. We loved the design of the place as well as the items offered for sale. I've definitely got my eyes on a t-shirt. (The owners' dog, Walter, is pictured on the t-shirt; he's pretty much the Two Boroughs Larder mascot.)


In addition to trying a new restaurant, we hit up a new (to us) bar--The Belmont--with some friends. We partied like rockstars. I mean, we partied with a rockstar. Honestly. And those of you who know Tod--who has always been a huge Hootie fan--will understand that when Mark Bryan came in to meet one of our friends and ended up staying and hanging out with us for a few hours--even buying us drinks at one point--Tod was so excited that he could hardly speak. Which is saying a lot for Tod because he's a talker.


Eating breakfast at the bagel shop is one of our favorite weekend activities. The food is great, and perhaps more importantly, the service is slow enough to allow Tod to thoroughly take in the rest of the customers, who are mainly . . . you guessed it, cute College of Charleston girls.


And with the amazing weather you know we rode our bikes everywhere. Just like little kids do. 

We hit the farmer's market . . . 


where I admired the shrimp man's giant prawn. Wait, that didn't sound right. But you know what I mean. Seriously, do you see how big that shrimp is? I'm such a nerd that I just had to ask him if I could take a picture of it.


And then I swooned over the eggplant. Looks like it's time to make some ratatouille--the redneck kind that I serve over cheese grits! 


Check out those red peppers. They're like eight times the size of the peppers I grew this summer.


And a fall farmer's market would not be complete without pumpkins, right?


Or cotton bouquets. I love these.


Come to think of it, I love all bouquets.


Like I said, we rode our bikes everywhere. Like little kids do. 




And you know what? All of those pictures are just from the first half of our weekend. Silly me, I left my camera at home for the second half of our weekend, so I guess you're spared all the cheesy pictures that I would have taken. Because we had just as much fun during the second half of our weekend as we did during the first. And the weather was just as beautiful. We even went to the beach. 

I hope your weekend was as lovely as ours. Lovely weekends make the world go 'round.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

What a nice first half of a weekend. It's always fun to have weekends where you get to enjoy your own town. Add in a celebrity...wow! So, you need to post on here your recipe for ratatouille. I will definitely make it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...