10/17/11

3 October

October has been a bit of a whirlwind for us (hence the lack of new blog posts). Between work and weddings (and whatever else goes along with this time of year), we've been busy, but don't worry: despite our packed schedules, we've also made sure to take the time to appreciate the blue skies and the amazing weather . . . 


like when we headed out to the backyard, took off our shoes, and spread out on a raggedy old quilt with a couple of cocktails and several magazines to watch a Sunday sunset . . . 




or when we attended a special wedding at the top of a mountain on a beautiful day to watch two even more beautiful and totally in love friends tie the knot (and then fly away in a helicopter celebrity-style).







Oh, and October means Halloween, so you know we've been getting ready for that, too. Although I am generally not a big fan of costumes for people, I cannot say the same about costumes for dogs. At first I was a bit ashamed of my zeal for dog costumes (Zelda was a pumpkin last year), but I guess that I've just accepted that, yes, I am one of "those people" now. Plus, when I realized that Zelda's costume can pull double duty during basketball season (as she's a Tar Heel and is a big fan of Ramses the Bighorn ram), I was sold. Six dollars and 99 cents later and we're ready to trick or treat. Now if I can just find (or make?) a Little Bo Peep costume for Heidi . . . .  Either that or we can dress Heidi up like Sir Big Spur, the Gamecock.











This one reminds me of the scene in E.T. when E.T. hides in the closet amidst Elliott's stuffed animals. Like I said, I'm definitely one of "those people" now. But I'm cool with that.



I hope you've been enjoying October's blue skies and whirlwind activities. And yes, I'm going to be a better blogger for the rest of the month. Promise.

3 comments:

Meredith Krull said...

Gywnnie has the same Ramses costume! I make her wear it on game day too! HA!

xoxo,
mk & Gwynnie

Anna Gall said...

Nan, I love that quilt (the picnic one). Where can I get one just like it?

Nan said...

Anna, my mom was at her upholsterer friend's shop when she spotted that quilt. It was dirty and unused, and he said: "Oh, that old thing. You can have it." Needless to say, mom took him up on his offer and promptly took the quilt home and threw it in the washing machine. We LOVE old quilts. And that one now lives semi-permanently in the back of my car so I'm always picnic-ready! As for where to find similar quilts, I know Pottery Barn has had some pretty ones recently, but they can be pricey. You may also want to look at L.L.Bean, Garnet Hill, The Company Store, or (of course) T.J.Maxx.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...