11/21/11

4 Birthday Girl.

Today's my big sister's birthday. 

And although I won't tell you how old she is turning, I will say that it is very hard to believe that she will be as old as my mom was when this picture was taken. My, how time flies.


Umm, do you think our clothes match the room here, or at least everything in the room except for the red Noah's Ark in the corner and the black and white cat (Stump) sitting on my sister's lap? Matchy-matchy much? But what can I say? We were in '80s pastel heaven floating on bubble curtain clouds. And yes, I'm pretty sure that's the one and only time I've ever seen my dad in a cardigan. Either it was a really beautiful day in the neighborhood or he just really loves my mom. I'll go with the latter.

Happy Birthday, Cole! I hope you get to do something fun today that does not involve wrangling your brood into an awkward family photo.

4 comments:

d said...

That is one good-looking family. And I think I recognize that little blonde on the left. Happy birthday, Nicole!

Anonymous said...

Which limb was Stump missing?

Nan said...

You're so smart -- Stump was missing his tail actually. My mom found him as a kitten at the beach on a girlfriends' trip, and he was a bit of a runt and had been hit by a car. Of course my mom couldn't resist helping him out; she took him to the vet, where his tail was amputated, and then she brought him home to us, where if I remember correctly, we got to feed him with a baby bottle! (I hope I didn't dream up that last part because that would be a bit odd!) In any event, he was a great cat -- my sister especially adored him.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nette - what a gret photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And...they are called balloon shades. And, yes Stump kitty was in bad shape when I found him at Litchfield. Yep, fed him with a bottle full of antibiotics and milk for a few weeks. He lived in an Easter basket with a heating pad on low covered with a baby blankie on top for many nights - EVERY FOUR HOURS. - just like a little one. He did love your sister - used to knead her hair every night. Goodness, we do love our critters so much. love you too, little critter - Happy birthday our little 37 year old. OH MY...........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...