12/13/11

2 It's beginning to feel

. . . a lot like Christmas!


You know, with Roscoe in his antlers . . .



and Zelda in her Santa sweater.



With a dressed-up dining room table . . . 



and lots of Christmas cards in the mail! 


I love Christmas cards, and although I've totally dropped the ball on sending any this year (Sorry! I've had a few things going on!), every single card I've received has made me smile.


And since smiling is a good thing, I decided to display my cards in a way that would maximize their smile-creating potential. I simply cut pieces of twine, tied them to the curtain rods in my dining room, and attached the cards to the twine with clothespins. Umm, yes, it's that easy. A first grader could do it. No fancy Christmas card display contraption required.



The stockings are hung by the chimney television with care. There's room for an extra stocking or two this year . . . .



My ancient plastic Santa is all lit up . . . 



That picture made Santa look much larger than he really is. You can get a better idea of his size from this picture.


My tiny gold tinsel tree has been trimmed . . . 


with colored lights and old photographs and a string of buttons . . . 




as well as my new all-time favorite ornament. Recognize someone special?




Is it beginning to feel a lot like Christmas at your house, too? I sure hope so.


  

2 comments:

* said...

I think I see a Christmas collar on Heidi, too! I love the old school Santa. And the ornament is amazing!

Nan said...

Oops! I forgot to mention Zelda's and Heidi's jingle bell collars! And I never could capture a picture of Scooter in his elf ears.

The ornament IS amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...