7/6/12

3 Better

I'm feeling better about things. I honestly breathe better (and Tod would probably agree that I'm a lot easier to be around) when the house is clean and organized. Yes, I know that makes me just a little bit crazy. But I'm comfortable with that because I know I'm not the only one. (You know who you are if what I'm saying makes sense to you.)


That's why when I had a day off yesterday (and Tod didn't), I knew I could get some cleaning and organizing done. It was time.


So after moving a whole bunch of stuff around, the dining room went from this . . . 




to this . . . .


Zelda was on guard because she did not want me to clean out her toy basket.



And although it's highly embarrassing to share this (just trying to keep it real though), here's the closet that was just begging to be cleaned out yesterday. Woah nelly.



After cleaning out and straightening the odd little mini shelves on the right, I pulled everything out except Tod's shirts that live in this closet. 




Where did everything from the closet go? 


In a giant, overwhelming pile on the bed. Naturally.




As of this morning, the closet looks like this. It's still too full, but it's better. And sometimes better is as good as it gets.




Although cleaning and organizing occupied most of my day yesterday, I took breaks to do fun things. Like taking pictures of a lizard that hangs out near our front stoop. (Yes, that's fun to me.)




I also snapped a few pics of our sweet girls. Heidi does not trust cameras.




See what I mean?




Zelda, on the other hand, loves 'em.




She also loves helping me change the sheets.




Unfortunately, she tires easily and is not very good at hospital corners. But man is she cute.


Okay, it's time for me to go get ready for a big weekend of moving even more stuff around. More on that later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you were talking about me with keeping things "neat". That's ok by me. As my sweet daddy always said, "A clean job is a happy job." Tink, if you think your sweet daddy originated that, think again. Looks super great. Way to go, girl. Why are your pom-pom bedroom curtains so short. Zelda food????? kiup.

girlcatconfessional said...

Hey Nan!

Its miles, you inspired me to start blogging and I finally got around to starting it! It is so much fun. Thanks for the inspiration! Hope ya'll are enjoying the veggies. See you soon.

Nan said...

Yay! Happy to see you here, Miles! And we loved the veggies -- made a ratatouille in the crockpot yesterday and every single thing except the spices and garlic came from your beautiful basket!

I'm going to email you with pics of Zelda when I can get it together. It's been a crazy busy week! Hope to see you again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...