7/4/12

0 Red, White & Blue

We've enjoyed a relaxing Fourth of July and hope you have as well. (Also, happy birthday to the best mom I know! We cannot wait to celebrate with you in person.) 


We skipped the beach today and hung out close to home instead. We picked up bagels at our favorite spot, treated ourselves to some frozen yogurt, enjoyed a little shopping on King Street, and Tod even talked me into walking during the hottest part of the day! Thanks, honey. 


Lucky for me, I had my little camera with me on our walk so instead of dwelling on the early signs of heatstroke (and whether we were exhibiting them), I was able to focus on snapping pics of all that beautiful red, white & blue.


Tod and I love wandering around the marina because, as the Water Rat in The Wind & the Willows explained to the Mole: "[T]here is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."



Maybe one day, Tod.





Happy red, white & blue!  Lest we forget:


We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...