9/5/12

1 Desk Demolition

Are you ready to see another project from our beach house room? 

Good, I thought so.

This built-in, little-boy-blue desk, which was more of something to bump into than somewhere to sit down, bit the dust!


First, we cleaned off the desk. The broken boat sailed away; the mallard duck flew south.

Luckily, the desk came out relatively easily (and in one piece). And, what's more, the underside came complete with a surprise signature!

Tod pried the remaining support boards from the wall.



And voila, no more desk. I think Scooter was impressed.



So what did we do with all the free wall space? 

Well, the dormer where the sassy, paprika-colored captain's chair now sits previously housed an old dresser that was just begging for a facelift, you know, with a can or two of spray paint. (Here's a before pic of the dormer.)



So I talked Tod into dragging that thing out to my painter's mat, and two or three cans of moss green spray paint later, this is what we had. 


About 24 hours later, the little dresser made its way to its new home. I'm going to add a mirror (it's in my attic right now, and I just need to find the time to get it out), and I absolutely love that the bubble milk glass sconces can live another life.



Oh, see the little white trash can to the left of the dresser? It's a basket I picked up at the Myrtle Beach Goodwill for $1.68. I wasn't loving the natural basket color, so I went after it with a can of heirloom white spray paint. 

And the rooster hanging on the wall? He was living in the hallway and told me he wanted to move into our room. 

I added a couple old Persian rugs that Tod and I didn't have room for after combining our households, and here's a pic of the room as it now appears when you walk in and look to the left. (Sorry for the bad lighting, but you can get the general idea.)



No more bruised thighs from walking into the desk! 

What do you think?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

N and T WOW again. you are rocking the new new room. More please. kiup

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...