10/1/12

3 31 DAYS OF BLOGGING

Thirty days hath September
April, June, and November.
All the rest have thirty-one,
excepting February alone.


Why did I just write that?


Well, three years ago, the Nester, a blogger whose blog I enjoy reading, started a 31-day series in the month of October. The first year, she named her series: 31 days to a better dressed nest. The next year, it was 31 days to a less messy nest, and seven other bloggers joined her by writing on their blogs about various topics for 31 days. Last year, her topic was 31 days of lovely limitations, and over 700 other bloggers joined in on the 31-day challenge. This year, her topic is "home. on purpose." I'm betting that thousands of bloggers will write along with her this year. And guess what? I plan to be one of them. Sort of.

The reason I say "sort of" is because I don't have the blogging wherewithal (or the time) to link up to her posts every day or to even figure out how to make a button for my series, but I will be there in spirit in my own little way simply by attempting to blog every single day for 31 days. 

Sidebar: Jules at Pancakes and French Fries will be continuing her William Morris project as part of Nester's 31-day series, and I think it's a great topic and a worthwhile read. ("Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.") 

Okay, so when I decided to do this, I thought of a few themes for my series. First, I was going to go for 31 days of wedding projects, with perhaps a few honeymoon pics thrown in for good measure. But then I got scared that I'd get bored of that, or even worse, that you'd get bored of that. So then I was going to try 31 days of colors, with each post focusing on a different color. But then I got scared that we'd get bored of that, too. So now, I've decided to go with something much more amorphous because, in my opinion, wiggle room is always underrated. So here you go: 31 days of blogging. It's plain and simple, but I'll have lots of room to navigate even though I do hope to include my favorite wedding projects and honeymoon pics, and maybe I'll even blog about a color or two. Wish me luck. And please check back often to hold me accountable.

Oh, and here's a pretty picture of sunset on the Ashley River just so this post isn't the most boring thing you'll read today.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait

Anonymous said...

Oh, you know I'm in.
get going. kiup.

Anonymous said...

Oh good! Something for me to look forward to every day. Keep it up, Nan! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...