10/6/12

0 Rosette Corsages

Okay, let's get back to that wedding fabric you saw a couple days ago.

Do you see the green denim in the top left corner and the wispy-looking stuff in the top right corner of this picture?



We only had a yard or two of the green denim, and honestly, I bought it just because I liked it and had no idea at first what we'd end up doing with it. We bought many, many yards of the wispy stuff, thinking that it might be pretty either draped on top of white tablecloths or hung around tent poles to camouflage them a bit. 

As it turns out, these two fabrics came in handy for an entirely different purpose: flowers. 

First up: rosette corsages.

When Tod and I started planning our big day, we knew we wanted to keep everything casual and intimate, and as strange as it may sound, one of the first decisions we made in an effort to keep things casual and intimate was to forego having traditional bridesmaids and groomsmen. We wanted our families to stand beside us, of course, including my sister's four beautiful children, but with such a small guest list, we wanted everyone at our wedding to feel like part of our wedding party. 

That being said, Tod and I each invited eight friends and their spouses, and I wanted to honor my eight girlfriends in some way because even though they may not have been labeled bridesmaids in traditional form, they were every bit so in spirit. 

Enter the fabric rosette corsages (one of which you may have noticed beside the Scrabble sign in the post from a few days ago).

My mom, ever the master crafter, searched the internet and studied various rosette tutorials on YouTube and Etsy, and after a bit of trial and error, she learned to make the most charming little blooms.  

In the end, rosette corsages wrapped their way around the wrists of my eight special girlfriends, my sister, my sister-in-law, and my oldest niece; they found themselves pinned to the hearts of my mother and my mother-in-law; and one even ended up atop the ponytail of my youngest niece. 




As you can tell, the green denim came in perfectly handy for making leaves. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll show you the boutonnieres.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...