10/3/12

0 Word Games

I like words, and I like games, so I guess it's really no surprise that I like word games, too.  Word games like Scrabble, which is quite possibly the best word game on the planet. (I'm still a "words with friends" virgin so I don't know whether that game has now surpassed Scrabble as the best.)

If you ever come across an old Scrabble game (i.e., one with real wooden pieces that was made in the U.S. of A.) at a thrift shop or a yard sale, go ahead and pick it up. Why? Because the old wooden tiles are so fun and offer so many crafty possibilities. (If you don't believe me, just search for Scrabble-related items on Etsy.) Think magnets, jewelry, cufflinks, Christmas ornaments, gift tags, and signs. Speaking of Scrabble signs, my mom created a precious one for the wedding by gluing tiles to the old wooden tile holders. (Is there a technical name for those tile holders?) 

Our sign said something like, "NAN + TOD APRIL TWENTY-FIRST PAWLEYS."  At least I'm pretty sure that's what it said because we lost two segments of the sign during the weather debacle; we recovered a segment that says something about April, and I know one segment said "NAN + TOD" because our photographer snapped the pic you see below. But you get the idea, right?


Photo courtesy of Toni Bouton Photography
Oh, and for those of you who know that a plus-sign Scrabble tile does not exist in the wild, all you need is a Sharpie and a blank tile and suddenly your letters can do math.

Who knew Scrabble tiles could be so fun? 



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...