12/8/12

1 In Case You've Missed Us

Because absence really does make the heart grow fonder, right? 

Well, we hope so. 

And in case you've missed us, here's a little bit of what we've been up to . . . 

First, I perfected the art of tailgate morning mimosas just in time for the last home Carolina game.



(Yes, I sometimes get a little bit jealous of how often Tod gets to see his college friends.)


Anyway, moving along, we headed up to Pawleys for Thanksgiving, and naturally, we gave thanks (lots and lots of thanks) for things like, well, Pawleys itself . . . 
And for family . . . 

Nice photo-bomb, Tod.


And for our dogs . . . because they make our lives so, so much richer.










And for good food. Lots and lots of good food . . . 

Yay for oil-less fryers!





Zelda always volunteers to help do the dishes.
Okay, so, Pawleys, family, dogs, food . . . now, what else is there?

Oh yeah, football.

And I think that's all I have to say about that.

Since Thanksgiving, we've spent our free time getting ready for Christmas.

By doing things like . . . running with reindeer. (http://www.reindeerrun.org/)








Tod did great. 

Me, not so much. 

Let's just say I'm pretty sure this little guy beat me. (In fact, I know this guy beat me. I watched it happen. Although to my credit, I did take a slight detour and run home mid-race to pet the dogs, go to the bathroom, and grab my camera and our ID's.) 


I know, I know, I'm sure this guy beat me, too. I mean, just look how worn out he is. 



After the Reindeer Run, we were up for some more holiday fun (yay rhyming!) so we headed out in search of a Christmas tree.





(More about our Christmas tree in another post.)

And on the one-year anniversary of our engagement, we celebrated by . . . making meatballs. (If that sounds totally strange to you, it may make more sense if you flash back to this post.)



Because nothing says "thank you for asking me to marry you" quite like a meatball sub.


Okay, back to Christmas things. The Christmas parade went right by our house (literally), so of course we had to check it out.



The Charleston Basset Hound Rescue group made quite a showing . . . 




 As did the Scottish society . . . 

and the flag twirlers . . . 


and the College of Charleston belly dancers . . . 


But as every five-year-old knows, one parade is never enough, so of course we also checked out the boat parade, my first ever boat parade, in fact. And apparently I need to work on my night-time boat parade photography because this was the best shot I could get. As it turns out, it looks like something a five-year-old would create on her Lite-Brite. But there's something symmetrical about that, I think, and I dig symmetry.

So on that note I think I'll call it a night. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Notice how Scooter was pictured in every females lap? That is, except the photographer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...