2/18/13

0 SEWE & eidetic

I mentioned the other day that this weekend was the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (SEWE) in Charleston. 

After enjoying our Saturday morning tour of Marion Square, Tod and I (and Heidi!) decided to have some more SEWE fun by marking off ticketed event #4 of the year (Project Thirteen) and heading up to Brittlebank Park for Sunday's festivities, which included the dock dog finals and a fantastic petting zoo.
Heidi was excited to be included in the fun. Zelda stayed home and napped.


The dock dogs-- they were a flyin'.


  

It was cool on the Ashley, but it was beautiful. And three jackets did the trick for me. Plus, the dogs didn't seem to mind. All the dogs. Big ones. Small ones. Young ones. Old ones.




And dogs weren't all we saw. Because the petting zoo had a little something for everyone-- lots of sheep and goats, a llama, a zebra, a camel, and even a yak for good measure.




Tod said we could have some sheep one day. I think I'd like that. But then again, what do I really know about being a sheep owner? Not too much as it turns out. 

But here's something I do know, now, at least-- a new word. Tod used it today and I didn't know it. I'd heard of a photographic memory before, but I'd never called it "eidetic." Now I have.


ei·det·ic

  [ahy-det-ik]  Show IPA
adjective
1.
of, pertaining to, or constituting visual imagery vividly experienced and readily reproducible with great accuracy and in great detail.
2.
of or pertaining to eidos.
Origin: 
1920–25;  < Greek eidētikós,  equivalent to eîd os eidos + -ētikos -etic

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...