8/1/13

0 Brooklyn Flea

One of the things I was excited about doing (and talked Tod into doing with me) on our recent trip to New York involved a trip across the river to Brooklyn . . . to go to Brooklyn Flea

Our first glimpse of this part of Brookyln was not really what we expected.


Ahh, here we go. This looks more like it. We walked through the Fort Greene neighborhood, and yes, as you can tell, trees do grow in Brooklyn.

And then we hit the market.


I know, enough with the sunglass-reflection shots. I just can't help myself.

This market has a little bit of everything--with a whole lot of hipster thrown in. So basically it was just what we expected. 






Like I said, a little bit of everything . . . 














The market also has lots of great food options, so when we got hungry, we hit the milk truck tent for some grilled cheese sandwiches. Yum.




This was definitely a worthwhile field trip . . . filled with so many interesting things. I walked away inspired. Oh, and aside from lunch, I only spent $20 . . . on a pair of very large vintage scarab earrings. I don't have a picture because I've shared them with my mom--who has a little bit of a thing for scarabs--but I'd guess they're from the sixties or seventies judging from their size and style, and as for the materials, I have no clue whether the gold is real or whether the scarab is stone or glass. What can I say? They spoke to me. So did the lady who sold them to me . . . she spoke and spoke and spoke . . . about her sister the Egyptologist. I couldn't not buy them. 

All in all, this was my kind of adventure.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...