Preheat broiler to low and set a rack 4 to 6 inches from heat source.
Cut red or pink grapefruit in half and loosen segments from membranes and pith with a paring knife. Sprinkle each half with light brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
Place grapefruit cut sides up on a baking sheet. Broil until tops are slightly browned.
Spoon plain yogurt (I went with Greek) on the top and sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
Okay, and now for our thirteenth question answerer. Thank you, Janice!
1. When someone asks you where you’re from, what do you say?
2. How long did you live there (or do you still live there)?Have been here 42 years.
3. Which book or books are you reading right now (or what’s the last book you read)?John Grisham's newest book, Sycamore Row
4. What are your go-to comfort foods?any type of seafood -- cooked anyway
5. Who annoys you more: people who don’t use their blinkers or people who talk on the cell phone while checking out at the grocery store? (If you don’t find either of those things annoying, first, you’re better than I am–although I’m sure I’ve been guilty of both at times–and second, what do you find annoying?)
cell phone users in grocery stores -- or any store for that matter
6. If you could travel in time, either forwards or backwards, and in place, what time and place would you visit? Summerton, South Carolina -- from ages 6 to 17
7. Along those imaginary lines (although I’m sort of convinced that time travel is possible even though we don’t yet know how), if you could attend a dinner party with your family and friends and three totally random people–living or dead, famous or not–who would those three people be?
Mariska Hargitay, Mama Lela, Martin Luther King, Jr. (plus mama, daddy, Danny, and George, so they could meet the adult Will)
8. And where would this imaginary dinner party be?
6 Limehouse Street
9. What are your favorite TV shows right now?
Law and Order, NCIS, Bold & the Beautiful
10. How long has it been since you last looked at your cell phone?
When it rang an hour ago - time to pick up Mazie from the groomer.
11. What advice, if any, would you give to your twenty-year-old self?
12. If you previously set goals or made resolutions for 2013, what were they and did you accomplish them?I did not make any resolutions.
13. What goals or resolutions, if any, do you have for 2014?Continue to count my blessings.