1. When someone asks you where you’re from, what do you say?I say I call three places home. Where I was born (Kingstree), where I grew up (Orangeburg), and where I went to school while growing up (St. Matthews).
2. How long did you live there (or do you still live there)?
3. Which book or books are you reading right now (or what’s the last book you read)?
4. What are your go-to comfort foods?
Anything my wife makes
5. Who annoys you more: people who don’t use their blinkers or people who talk on the cell phone while checking out at the grocery store? (If you don’t find either of those things annoying, first, you’re better than I am–although I’m sure I’ve been guilty of both at times–and second, what do you find annoying?)
I try not get annoyed by things like that. High blood pressure already runs in my family! I guess I get annoyed by telemarketers.
6. If you could travel in time, either forwards or backwards, and in place, what time and place would you visit?
7. Along those imaginary lines (although I’m sort of convinced that time travel is possible even though we don’t yet know how), if you could attend a dinner party with your family and friends and three totally random people–living or dead, famous or not–who would those three people be?
8. And where would this imaginary dinner party be? Somewhere with people-watching capabilities
9. What are your favorite TV shows right now? Law and Order, The Goldbergs
10. How long has it been since you last looked at your cell phone? 1 hour
11. What advice, if any, would you give to your twenty-year-old self? Spend more time with your grandfather
12. If you previously set goals or made resolutions for 2013, what were they and did you accomplish them? I successfully watched my wife birth our second child.
13. What goals or resolutions, if any, do you have for 2014? Run a marathon.