12/14/13

0 Thirteen Questions: Michael

My happy little garden gnome -- at home amongst the weeds.


1.  When someone asks you where you’re from, what do you say?
I say I call three places home.  Where I was born (Kingstree), where I grew up (Orangeburg), and where I went to school while growing up (St. Matthews).

2.  How long did you live there (or do you still live there)?
Until college

3.  Which book or books are you reading right now (or what’s the last book you read)?
I’m re-reading the last Hunger Games books, and I just finished the 8th and final book of John Jakes’ series, The Kent Family Chronicles.



4.  What are your go-to comfort foods?
Anything my wife makes

5.  Who annoys you more: people who don’t use their blinkers or people who talk on the cell phone while checking out at the grocery store?  (If you don’t find either of those things annoying, first, you’re better than I am–although I’m sure I’ve been guilty of both at times–and second, what do you find annoying?)  
I try not get annoyed by things like that.  High blood pressure already runs in my family!  I guess I get annoyed by telemarketers.

6.  If you could travel in time, either forwards or backwards, and in place, what time and place would you visit?  
Not really a direct answer, but if I could control the space-time continuum, I would like to travel back in time to 1965, and relive my senior year of high school every year in a different part of the country for 10 years.  I think that was such an interesting time in our country.

7.  Along those imaginary lines (although I’m sort of convinced that time travel is possible even though we don’t yet know how), if you could attend a dinner party with your family and friends and three totally random people–living or dead, famous or not–who would those three people be? 
So many ways to go with this . . . .  I would say Will Ferrell, Jimmy Fallon, and the editor of the Onion.


8.  And where would this imaginary dinner party be?  Somewhere with people-watching capabilities


9.  What are your favorite TV shows right now? Law and Order, The Goldbergs


10.  How long has it been since you last looked at your cell phone? 1 hour


11. What advice, if any, would you give to your twenty-year-old self?  Spend more time with your grandfather


12.  If you previously set goals or made resolutions for 2013, what were they and did you accomplish them?  I successfully watched my wife birth our second child.


13. What goals or resolutions, if any, do you have for 2014?  Run a marathon.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...