12/5/13

0 Thirteen Questions: Cindi

Y'all may remember how I set up an entirely ridiculous scheme of thirteen-times-thirteen things to accomplish in the year 2013. Click on the Project Thirteen tab up above if I've lost you. 

One of the more idiotic things I put on the list was to find thirteen people who are willing to answer thirteen questions and have their answers posted on the blog. 


Yes, I've had eleven months and one week to do this. But I did not do it. Instead, with about twenty-seven days left of 2013, I decided that today was as good a day as any to come up with thirteen questions and find some willing participants. I sent an email asking friends and family to respond, and I'm totally floored, but I've actually received responses! 

Before we get to the questions and answers, here's a random picture of some homegrown okra--also part of Project Thirteen--because a post without pictures can be kind of boring. (I had no clue that okra grew like this before trying to grow it.) 



Okay, without further ado, here you go: my questions and Cindi's answers. (Thank you, Cindi!) 

1.  When someone asks you where you’re from, what do you say?

       
Well, I've lived in Charleston more years than anywhere else, but I was born in Orangeburg.

2.  How long did you live there (or do you still live there)?

      I lived there for 10 years.

3.  Which book or books are you reading right now (or what’s the last book you read)?

       I'm reading Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen



4.  What are your go-to comfort foods?

       Grits and any kind of cheese

5.  Who annoys you more: people who don’t use their blinkers or people who talk on the cell phone while checking out at the grocery store?  (If you don’t find either of those things annoying, first, you’re better than I am–although I’m sure I’ve been guilty of both at times–and second, what do you find annoying?)  

       
People who don't use their blinkers.  And what annoys me are people who drive down the road at 2 mph looking for I don't know what and act like they are the only people on the road!

6.  If you could travel in time, either forwards or backwards, and in place, what time and place would you visit?  

       
I would want to travel back to the Roaring 1920's and wear gorgeous clothes and drink and eat and attend parties all the time!

7.  Along those imaginary lines (although I’m sort of convinced that time travel is possible even though we don’t yet know how), if you could attend a dinner party with your family and friends and three totally random people–living or dead, famous or not–who would those three people be? 

       Jackie Kennedy Onassis 
        Elizabeth Taylor 
        Audrey Hepburn

8.  And where would this imaginary dinner party be? 

       
Paris, France

9.  What are your favorite TV shows right now?

       
Revenge, Betrayal, Nashville, Chicago Fire, The Voice

10.  How long has it been since you last looked at your cell phone? 

       
An hour ago

11. What advice, if any, would you give to your twenty-year-old self? 

       
Don't rush into things -

12.  If you previously set goals or made resolutions for 2013, what were they and did you accomplish them?

       Didn't make any.

13. What goals or resolutions, if any, do you have for 2014?

       
Live every day to its fullest so that when you go to sleep at night you can say to yourself that you did everything you wanted to today, as we're not promised tomorrow.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...