Honeymoon flashback: a charming but bizarre street circus in Basel, Switzerland.
Thanks for answering, Jane! I owe you one.
1. When someone asks you where you’re from, what do you say? Pennsylvania via Nebraska
2. How long did you live there (or do you still live there)? 40 years
3. Which book or books are you reading right now (or what’s the last book you read)? The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
4. What are your go-to comfort foods? home for pot roast
5. Who annoys you more: people who don’t use their blinkers or people who talk on the cell phone while checking out at the grocery store? (If you don’t find either of those things annoying, first, you’re better than I am–although I’m sure I’ve been guilty of both at times–and second, what do you find annoying?) Yes, people talking on cell phones while the clerk is trying to check them out, young people who don't hold doors.
6. If you could travel in time, either forwards or backwards, and in place, what time and place would you visit? The Wild Wild West, late 1800's. Or, Italy at the time of the Renaissance.
7. Along those imaginary lines (although I’m sort of convinced that time travel is possible even though we don’t yet know how), if you could attend a dinner party with your family and friends and three totally random people–living or dead, famous or not–who would those three people be? Marvin, Mick Jaggar, Jaime Wyeth
8. And where would this imaginary dinner party be? A place with comfortable chairs and soft music playing.
9. What are your favorite TV shows right now? Modern Family
10. How long has it been since you last looked at your cell phone? 1 hour
11. What advice, if any, would you give to your twenty-year-old self? Don't get married too young, go to technical school.
12. If you previously set goals or made resolutions for 2013, what were they and did you accomplish them? Not one.
13. What goals or resolutions, if any, do you have for 2014? Exercise, exercise, exercise. Drink less wine!