12/9/13

0 Thirteen Questions: Lisa

Happy Monday.

Check out our new, smooth ceilings! 
(Tod and I just had a two-minute discussion about whether I needed a comma between "new" and "smooth." He said no because "smooth ceilings" are a thing. I said yes because "ceilings" are the thing, and "smooth" is just an adjective (like "new") that describes the ceilings. He may be right, but I write the blog so you'll notice there's a comma.)



Okay, back to the questions and answers. Thanks for helping me with this, Lisa. 


1.  When someone asks you where you’re from, what do you say?
Darlington.

2.  How long did you live there (or do you still live there)?
21 years. Explains a lot, doesn't it :)

3.  Which book or books are you reading right now (or what’s the last book you read)?
I'm reading Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. Morbid, yet fascinating!



4.  What are your go-to comfort foods?
Mac n cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, really any kind of Thanksgiving side dish.

5.  Who annoys you more: people who don’t use their blinkers or people who talk on the cell phone while checking out at the grocery store?  (If you don’t find either of those things annoying, first, you’re better than I am–although I’m sure I’ve been guilty of both at times–and second, what do you find annoying?)  
Cell phone in grocery. 

6.  If you could travel in time, either forwards or backwards, and in place, what time and place would you visit?  
Probably forward 20 years, to make sure my children turned out OK. That way I can come back and correct the mistakes I've made.

7.  Along those imaginary lines (although I’m sort of convinced that time travel is possible even though we don’t yet know how), if you could attend a dinner party with your family and friends and three totally random people–living or dead, famous or not–who would those three people be? 
Princess Diana, Kate Middleton, and Simon Baker.

8.  And where would this imaginary dinner party be? 
Somewhere in Italy or Greece . . . I've always wanted to travel to those countries.

9.  What are your favorite TV shows right now?
Honestly, I'm not really watching much tv at all these days . . . I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad/sad thing.

10.  How long has it been since you last looked at your cell phone? 
I'm looking at it now, answering these questions :)

11. What advice, if any, would you give to your twenty-year-old self? 
Take a deep breath and relax. Everything isn't as dramatic as it seems.

12.  If you previously set goals or made resolutions for 2013, what were they and did you accomplish them?
The typical ones: lose weight, relax more, etc. Fail :(

13. What goals or resolutions, if any, do you have for 2014?
I saw this idea the other day I'm going to try:  pick a word for an overarching "theme." I'm going with "Reduce."  Reduce junk in the house, reduce stress by fewer commitments, reduce bad habits.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...