12/7/13

1 Thirteen Questions: Macky

Okay, I think you understand the drill now. One random picture and then question-and-answer time. So here you go: the picture is of sweet mint from our garden, also grown as part of Project Thirteen. (Did somebody say mojito?)

And today's answers are Macky's. (Thank you again, Macky!)


1.  When someone asks you where you’re from, what do you say?
I'm from South Carolina. About 45 minutes due east of Columbia, a town called Sumter, which is not Fort Sumter but a town named for the same man.

2.  How long did you live there (or do you still live there)?
I lived there for 18 years but still call it home (now in DC).

3.  Which book or books are you reading right now (or what’s the last book you read)?
Allegiant (part three of the Divergent series) and Matterhorn 



4.  What are your go-to comfort foods?
Coca-Cola and anything deemed a "Southern food" specifically fried okra, macaroni & cheese, collared greens, rice & gravy 

5.  Who annoys you more: people who don’t use their blinkers or people who talk on the cell phone while checking out at the grocery store?  (If you don’t find either of those things annoying, first, you’re better than I am–although I’m sure I’ve been guilty of both at times–and second, what do you find annoying?)  
People who don't use their blinkers

6.  If you could travel in time, either forwards or backwards, and in place, what time and place would you visit?  
I'd visit the wealthy and royal of Paris directly before the French Revolution, specifically Versailles and Marie Antoinette's court

7.  Along those imaginary lines (although I’m sort of convinced that time travel is possible even though we don’t yet know how), if you could attend a dinner party with your family and friends and three totally random people–living or dead, famous or not–who would those three people be? 
Marie Antoinette, Da Vinci, and Marcus Lattimore

8.  And where would this imaginary dinner party be? 
Maybe a pub in London

9.  What are your favorite TV shows right now?
Project Runway, Downton Abbey, and re-runs of Will & Grace and Roseanne

10.  How long has it been since you last looked at your cell phone? 
5 minutes

11. What advice, if any, would you give to your twenty-year-old self? 
Quit stressing, it'll work out. 

12.  If you previously set goals or made resolutions for 2013, what were they and did you accomplish them?

I copied two of your goals - to read 13 classic books and watch 13 classic movies. Got halfway through the books and failed miserably at the movies (although I guess I have a month to go)

13. What goals or resolutions, if any, do you have for 2014?

I'll wait until I see your 2014 list (just kidding). I'll probably try for the books and movies again but tone it down to 10. I don't typically do resolutions so it's been fun even attempting these mild ones. 

1 comments:

d said...

I had daVinci, too. Changed it to BF. We are more alike than I knew!! Love it. S'up, Marky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...